Raw Organic Kosher Gluten-Free Vegan Superfoods

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help! Confused about results
OzarkMtnMomma Offline

Help! Confused about results
Hello, everyone...
To be brief, I started having migraines in 1998. Have had them off and on ever since, some months as many as 15-20 days out of 30 days! Was also plagued with extreme fatigue and tearfulness that was so bad my doc wanted to shove antidepressants on me. I refused because, in my heart of hearts, I KNEW this was something physical, not psychiatric. I struggled through, though, and 7 yrs later was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism because I went behind my doctor's back & ordered home testing when he refused to do it. I started on thyroid meds & things seemed to get better for awhile. Over the past 2 yrs, though, the symptoms are even worse than before & I have a horrible tingling & burning in my feet.
I won't bore you with how I learned about MTHFR & testing, but I ordered a home testing kit with the cheek swabs. Just got my results back...
677C>T
1298A>C
The write-up the lab did said "normal enzymatic and transporter function and/or normal risk is expected according to genotype". But, when I research this combination online, I'm finding info that's saying that this combo is actually a PROBLEM and should be treated by avoiding folic acid and supplementing with Methylfolate & methylcobalamin (b-12).
Who am I supposed to believe? Do I need to treat this? Help!
09-05-2017 02:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply