Raw Organic Kosher Gluten-Free Vegan Superfoods

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
High Folate and B12 on methyl-guard plus
mheath Offline

High Folate and B12 on methyl-guard plus
Hello! I joined the forum today in hopes that someone can help me understand my blood work and guide me in what to do with the information.

I have two copies of the A1298C mutation and have been on Thorne Methyl-Guard Plus for about 2 years. Recently I had my vitamin B12 and folate tested and both are high. B12 is 1153 pg/ml and folate is >24.0 ng/ml. Why are these high when I take them in a methylated form?
I avoid all vitamin-enriched foods at home, although I can't guarantee that I never eat non-methylated foods when I occasionally eat out. I mostly eat whole, unprocessed foods.
I cannot find a affordable doctor in Colorado Springs who specializes in MTHFR, the one I did find charges $700 for a 2-hour Skype consult. I'd really, really appreciate any help!
Thank you!
06-28-2017 02:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Andrea Offline
Super Moderator

RE: High Folate and B12 on methyl-guard plus
Mine are always high too. I don't have the exact answer but I feel like the red blood cell tests that the average doctor runs aren't accurate. If you try something like Spectracell Micronutrient, which tests the levels in your white blood cells (if I understand correctly), you should get an accurate read on how much your body is actually absorbing and what your levels actually are. Because what's high for me on a RBC test will be normal (or sometimes even below normal!) on Spectracell Micronutrient.

~ Community Manager ~
Founder of MTHFRLiving.com and the MTHFRLiving.com Community Forums
07-03-2017 07:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mheath Offline

RE: High Folate and B12 on methyl-guard plus
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to my post, Andrea! I will definitely look into the Spectracell Micronutrient test.

[quote='Andrea' pid='1935' dateline='1499127800']
Mine are always high too. I don't have the exact answer but I feel like the red blood cell tests that the average doctor runs aren't accurate. If you try something like Spectracell Micronutrient, which tests the levels in your white blood cells (if I understand correctly), you should get an accurate read on how much your body is actually absorbing and what your levels actually are. Because what's high for me on a RBC test will be normal (or sometimes even below normal!) on Spectracell Micronutrient.
[/quote
07-06-2017 03:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply