Raw Organic Kosher Gluten-Free Vegan Superfoods

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MTHFR (c677T) homozygous mutant.. what to do
malbetar Offline

MTHFR (c677T) homozygous mutant.. what to do
Hi all, first of all allow me to thank you all for this valuable website and forum , really it does help me to understand what do my wife have ,, In the last 6 months, my wife got pregnant for two times and unfortunately miscarriage them, The doctor suggest to do some Tests (included in my post) and it says that my wife have MTHFR (c677T) homozygous mutant . The doctor suggest in the next pregnancy to take 400 mcg (folic acid), Vitamin B6 25 mg –twice a day- and daily (((Clexane 4000 IU)))) shots along pregnancy , (Cyclogest) 400 mg plus aspirin protect , and ((Duphaston))) . I told the doctor that Folic acid supplement or either vitamin B6 is kind of bad supplement to give for MTHFR patient’s but he claimed that 400 mcg will do nothing! Anyway, I refused to give her the ordinary folic acid and Vitamin B6 supplement. and I ordered from outside the country a dietary supplements as below :
  • 1.THORNE Basic B complex –Bioactive- to give her prior of next pregnancy.
  • 2.THORNE 5-MTHF 1mg ; to give her this supplement when the pregnancy happen
  • 3.THORNE Pyridoxal 5’-phosphate ; to give her this supplement when the pregnancy happen
  • 4.Vitamin B12 as cobalamine “which available in my country” ; to give her this supplement when the pregnancy happen
My question is these supplements are sufficient? Do I miss something? Does she need biggest dose of these supplements? Or am going too far? What is your advice prior and during pregnancy?

Thank you very much

ps . - i have posted a previous thread and i insert some links of the medication links just for explain ,, i post it and did not see my thread so it may be considered as spam ,, sorry for that

- and sorry for my bad writing skills , English is not my mother language Blush
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2015 05:46 AM by malbetar.)
06-17-2015 05:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Andrea Offline
Super Moderator

RE: MTHFR (c677T) homozygous mutant.. what to do
Hello and welcome! It is impossible for me to tell you what supplements and doses will be optimal for you, however, the brand of supplements and active B vitamins you have mentioned are commonly used for MTHFR patients. Please refer to this post for more information on preparing for pregnancy: http://mthfrliving.com/health-conditions...mutations/

Regarding the form of B12 that is best, please refer to this article:
http://mthfrliving.com/health-tips/suppl...mthfr-b12/

The latter also provides some dosage guidelines that others have found helpful. Good luck!

~ Community Manager ~
Founder of MTHFRLiving.com and the MTHFRLiving.com Community Forums
06-22-2015 12:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
malbetar Offline

RE: MTHFR (c677T) homozygous mutant.. what to do
(06-22-2015 12:07 PM)Andrea Wrote:  Hello and welcome! It is impossible for me to tell you what supplements and doses will be optimal for you, however, the brand of supplements and active B vitamins you have mentioned are commonly used for MTHFR patients. Please refer to this post for more information on preparing for pregnancy: http://mthfrliving.com/health-conditions...mutations/

Regarding the form of B12 that is best, please refer to this article:
http://mthfrliving.com/health-tips/suppl...mthfr-b12/

The latter also provides some dosage guidelines that others have found helpful. Good luck!

thank you very much Andrea
07-02-2015 02:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Homozygous C677t and pregnant. Need help!! Ili_p08 1 2,049 03-05-2016 09:48 PM
Last Post: Andrea